Here is our top 10 list for what we think makes for a great teacher!
Not necessarily in this order....
1. They bring to class a playlist that inspires or they lead us in kirtan
2. They make the class fun- and bring in a good sense of humor
3. They are able to reach (almost) everyone with precise cueing
4. They know how to use silence--(totally underutilized by 90% of teachers~)
5. They show humility & walk the talk
6. They provide( juicy) adjustments and are competent in their knowledge of correct alignment
7.They are able to hold space--and you don't feel like they are 'dialing it in'
8. They trust the class and encourage students to follow their inner guidance--are flexible and allow for experimentation
9. They have a theme /provide some specific meaning for the class
10.They can demonstrate a breadth of modification for both newbies and advanced students. They know how to sequence the class
(In looking through my old journals I saw this list of 126 yoga teachers that I had the pleasure of taking classes from up until 2008. After that I stopped counting!)